Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Pictures!


If you raced Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, Congratulations! I may have caught you as I was snapping pics of my Capital Area Runners Peeps!

My Pictures are located HERE!

I drove to the race start with Amy in the wee hours of Sunday morning, got a prime parking spot and proceeded to begin the search for our runners.  We were looking for Red Shirts and they were recognizing the cute dog!



We had just enough time to snap some pre-race pics of some of the runners, before we headed off to the half mile mark to begin the cheering!  While there we ran into CAR-mates, Thom and Greg!




After the runners past through the Half mile, we hopped over to the 5 mile are and began the cheer-a-thon there!


Amy, myself and Thom (thanks for the pic Greg Richards)

We then headed over to the finish, where we dealt with the most annoying spectator ever-Gong Guy!  Some guy had two Gongs and he just hit them over and over again.  So annoying.

It was great to see so many amazing performances and I was so happy the weather cooperated for the runners.  What a great day!!  

Congratulations everyone!!  This concludes my spectator-thon!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. I knew you would be at mile 5, so I was really looking forward to seeing you. Thanks so much for coming out and being head Cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to have you all out there yesterday! And my friend was thrilled to meet Dash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for picking me up extra early and hanging out all day. I really do love spectating. Your commentary was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. You are amazing. Thanks for taking so many brilliant pics. As predicted, official race pics don't hold a candle to yours.

    2. Gong-guy! I saw/heard him and thought, "how annoying; can't believe anyone is still standing next to him!"

    3. So sorry you can't run. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GONG!!!! Hilarious (since I wasn't there to suffer the actual gonging).

    Love the photo of you three. Supporting friends is ALMOST as good as racing. Soon that knee will come around and you'll be out there again too.

    ReplyDelete