Thursday, March 7, 2013

2013 Race Photos - Reston New Years Day 5k | Have a Heart for Hoffman 5k | Bright Beginnings 5k | Reston 10 Miler

I've been a failure about posting about races Dash & I have spectated at, and giving links to the race photos.

Here's the catch up:

Reston New Years Day 5k - Race Photos are HERE

I got a new camera lens for Xmas, and it was my first time getting to test it out.  We had 2nd place male in the race, top ten women and many PR's.  As usual, Dash got to hang out with her peeps:


The next race we spectated at was Have a Heart for Hoffman Boston Elementary 5k - Photos HERE.

It was a last minute decision to spectate, as Allison was running, and inability to sleep in had me up at the crack of dawn anyway.  I was excited that the pictures came out so well, the type of weather conditions were the reason that I wanted my new camera lens and it worked like a charm in the race!  Plus Allison nailed a huge PR (even with a slip & fall mid-race), and nabbed 2nd AG!








Next up was a race I was going to run myself.  Flat and on Hains Point.  Our coach wound up making it a prescribed race for our team and since I got sick the week before, I decided to play photographer, hoping to catch some amazing team photos.  The race was Bright Beginnings 5k - photos are HERE.




Here comes our race winner
& 2nd place Male

2nd place female


Cris PR'd

Allison PR'd AGAIN
Dash got love
and more love...


The NEXT Day was the Reston 10 Miler - Photos are HERE.  Amy was running, so Dash, myself, Allison, & Jessica went out to spectate.  Being that the race was 2 miles from my house, it was easy!

We misread the map ( and when I say "we", I mean "me") and missed the race start.  


Luckily someone set us straight and we were able to catch Amy at mile 3.

Again at mile 6

and coming in strong for a PR finish:

I was glad we went to spectate.  Amy was going through the official pictures, and while she didn't find any of her there, she did find this beauty in the official race photos:
Clearly I'm not the only one obsessed with her.
This weekend I'm heading into DC to spectate the St. Patty's Day 8k.  I'll post those pics in a more timely fashion!

2 comments:

  1. I had fun hanging with you last weekend. Your pics are so awesome and everyone appreciates it sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pics of strong runners! Love that team pic complete with adorable mascot!

    ReplyDelete